Dr Laura Powling, Director and Clinical Psychologist.
Dr Powling is an HCPC registered Clinical Psychologist and Accredited Cognitive Analytic Therapy Practitioner, DBT and trauma therapist holding:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree with Honours in Psychology from the University of Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Post- Graduate Certificate in Primary Mental Health Care from the University of Manchester,
- Post- Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Analytic Therapy
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the University of Sheffield.
- Post-Graduate Supervision Course through the University of Leicester, accredited by the British Psychological Society.
Laura has more than 14 years’ experience across clinical and forensic psychological services and mental health services including work across a range of different settings in the community and expertise in medium, low and high secure hospitals (including DSPD) clinical and forensic services. She also has extensive experience of working in community Child and Adolescent, Looked After Children and Adult Mental Health Services.
Since May 2011 Laura has undertaken expert witness work involving a wide range of independent assessments for offender clients of differing levels of risk residing in HM prison establishments and secure hospitals across the country.
She has conducted numerous assessments for clients residing in DSPD services:
- DSPD assessments
- CSC assessments and on-going treatment planning
- Fitness to plead and fitness to stand trial assessments
- Personality Disorder assessments
- PCL-R and risk assessments for both violent and sexual offenders.
Dr Powling undertakes assessments, has extensive experience of writing for and giving evidence to the parole board and courts across:
- Family law,
- Criminal law,
- Prison law
- Medico-legal cases for learning disabilities, traumatic brain injury, neuropsychology, post stroke assessments, capacity and mental health assessments such as PTSD.
Alongside her independent work, she continues to work clinically and currently specialises in developmental assessments, including assessment of Autistic Spectrum Disorders across all age ranges.
She is Clinical Psychologist and clinical lead for a paediatric Autism Assessment Service.
Her career has also involved working in Looked After Children’s Services and Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services, as well as adult psychiatric services (in-patient and community).
Dr Powling founded Evolve Psychology Services in 2014, with a commitment to providing extremely high-quality evidence-based assessments for individuals and families across the fields of Clinical and Forensic Psychology. Supporting testimonials can be provided if required.