Parenting and Carer Workshops
Post diagnostic support workshops
We are excited to announce the launch of our post diagnostic support workshops for parents and carers of children and young people on the Autism Spectrum.
The sessions will be delivered by our Mental Health and Learning Disability Practitioner who has years of experience working with families post an autism assessment and diagnosis. The course material can be personalised to reflect the group’s needs and tackle relevant issues.
The aim of the course is to build awareness and understanding around the Autism Spectrum and to build confidence in problem solving and managing behaviour through offering strategies and tools.
Courses will be spread over 10 weeks and will cover:
- Awareness and understanding of the Autism Spectrum
- Offers relevant, practical strategies and problems solving skills
- Tools to manage behaviour in the home and classroom
- Positive approach to parenting and managing future challenges
- Developing strategies for managing behaviours & difficulties
For more post diagnostic support information and resources visit National Post Diagnostic Support Service | Scottish Autism and Post-diagnosis support – a guide for parents and carers (autism.org.uk)
Read more about ASC in our blogs.
– Family and group sessions available
– Weekly course sessions across 10 weeks
– Condensed courses available
– Course material and handouts provided
Contact us to book your place or to find out more.